A blog about the best tailgate food in Major League Soccer

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Jumper

What an unbelievable week. The Wizards pull off a victory. I announce I can't do the tailgate. Ockk is on standby with the Salvation Army, waiting to head to Texas. Luckily John steps up, Spoon offers to help, and the tailgate (and Justice's birthday) is on. Then the stockmarket goes down, up, down, up. And as if the world's not already coming to an end (cue song...wish you would step back from that ledge my friend...) John has something come up. My World is crashing down all around me.

Then in the far distance a beacon of light burns. So good old Spoon and I start to walk towards the light. The world around us is seems to be getting calmer and there stands Chris. (Not Jesus Chris mind you) With his hand on his hips and a sly little grin on his face. We hear in a deep concerned voice, "Now don't worry all will be fine" And my spirit felt at ease. "It will all be taken care of." And the butterflies in my stomach subside. I know it will all be ok.

So my friends here is the deal. Chris has got the lead for this match. Your cooks stepping up to take their shots on goal are Matt Spoonmore and A-girl. Hosts will be Mike and Chris.

My understanding is they will be on site around 2:30 sans Motorhome. Why so early you may ask? After a week like this you really need to get together and spend some time with your friends, have a drink or two and enjoy a little food. After all you never know what next week might have in store for all of us.

Serving time 5:00
Food:
Chris' famous brat burgers
Spoon's chicken quarters (not fifty centers or dollars or hind quarters)
Hot dogs
Chips and beans.
Soda always there for the taking.

I hope to be on site by 5:45

Will you be my friend this week? I do not have a Third eye blind
AG

No comments: